Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Goal

I'm an actor who recently finished up a year long tour with Peter Pan 360, I played Bill Jukes/ Skylights. It was the most fun I've ever had as person, but all good things must come to an end and I have the means and the opportunity to make a change. Don't get me wrong I love theatre. I've got a callback for a word for word audition with Zspace coming up next Saturday. But, the fact is I want to become a voiceover artist.

I've had some success with Voice123.com and Voices.com getting a few jobs here and there but I never did any of that with a goal in mind. I just wanted extra money. I think now is the time. I recently purchased all the books of Patrick Fraley  (http://patfraley.com/) who is a genius. I started up lessons with Melissa Gray again and I'm ready to get started.

GOALS over the next 5 DAYS:

1) Make a Website in the style of a voiceover artist who has similiar qualities to me.
2) Figure out who the agents are in MY AREA.
3) Start a Linkln account.
4) Join Backstage.com
5) Audition at least 8 times a day AND post them up here so the embarassment of my abilities will force me to get better.
6) Focus on THREE specific voiceover genres to work on.
7) Get onto as many Voiceover forums as possible.



























No comments:

Post a Comment