Friday, September 9, 2011

Tough but good Week

Okay, so here's whats been up!

Tuesday: I had LOTS of auditions, about 20 or some. It was ROUGH, the next day, Wednesday, I had a meeting with Melissa for voiceover training.  But to be honest, I was so tired that entire day. I ended up getting another request from Audiobee saying they needed the audio without my plugins, and I don't really keep the raw audio so I was and AM in a bit of a bind.

Thursday was an interesting day, I thought to myself, okay if people are gonna ask for raw audio, It's time I figure out this situation. Either buy a laptop and hope that it has less noise than my computer, I was really thinking about making an investment. Instead I figured, lets figure out how to make a TRUE soundbooth. I pulled a bunch of clothes out of the closet, kept a few hung up on each side. Tacked up a quilt, hung up sound foam around, put in a light, a music stand and a small makeshift seat and then I got going.

I also did my first webinar with Edge Studio, was pretty informative on the use of ProTools, i have ProTools SE and I installed it to find that it's not really protools just kind of sucky. From now on I'll import through another program and then use my regular editing to send it out. And from now on the RAW AUDIO stays forever. 

Overall I think I did pretty good. That day I also got a job from an IT company and did that.  So, that was awesome. At night, I checked out the packer game and then did even MORE auditions at night. Here we are on Friday morning, no pulls but a couple considering and finalist positions from Voice123 so we'll see about those.


Now I'm just waiting to see if jobs come up with the next few hours, if not I'm packing it in and off to Atlanta for 10 days, complete with portabooth to do work while I'm there.  I'm also hoping on three auditions that I did for a voice123 to come through that would make my Atlanta trip also a business trip. HEHE Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment