Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wow oh Wow

Well, I've been pretty damn lazy, a WEEK with no Blogs, well lemme catch yall up. Since that switch to Young Adult with my last post, the Auditions have been cut to almost death. So, I'm not auditioning as much as I used to. On a good note though, last week on Mon, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I received a Voiceover job PER DAY!!!! And many came from those FEW jobs. I'm still getting used to it. It started with Smokeaway Tax Relief, then the Roblar Winery and Vineyard made me the voice for their promo campaign. Lastly, I got the "Crazy On Digital" website promo, which might I add was from a 3 audition day. Not bad.

After that, I got a little lazy, the weekend after that was kinda non existent. I didn't do very much because I felt so productive. However, that HAD to change. And, it started on Saturday. I started reworking ALL of my demos and that means ALL of them. I found that the demos I had were great but were first drafts, I needed to UP the ante, so I redid them and created new ones as well. I now have over 10 demos, they are Commercial, Cartoon, Corporate, Videogame, Children's Book, Audiobook, Nerds, Snobs, Heroes, Villains, and Men In Authority.  I've reworked my website to be DEDICATED to voiceover. My theatre site will be secondary on that. It's time to get to work.

Today and yesterday (monday and Tuesday), I redid my site problems, started submitting to google, I also uploaded HD videos of my demos to Youtube, I now have a Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JustinDTorresVO?feature=mhee

I am in the process of getting a Justindtorres.com email address. I figured I'd use support@justindtorres.com, Justin@justindtorres.com just sounded repetitive. I'm also getting more and more happy with my logo and web page. I may take it all the way. No spending money on website design and logo design, this is pretty fun and simple. I may regret it but my wallet wont.

Lastly, I started an excel sheet of agents that I plan on sending the info to (long time from now) but I'm getting to know the marketing side of things and I'm gonna make a go of it. I may have to say that very soon, I may have to make large steps. Other than that, just waiting on more jobs, but I think I need to get a strategy to go out and get jobs to come to me, that means agents and cover letters. Whew! Back on the productive train.

No comments:

Post a Comment